fiance I gained five pounds during the middle of marathon training. The reason? I went into our holiday vacation without a plan of when I would get my workouts accomplished. Plus, the fact that cajun food is just too tasty! This year, I already have a plan in place. While I will still eat all of the tasty cajun food, moderation is key! I am not the best at this. I hate moderation! I love to eat and enjoy! Another way to combat the holiday pounds is to know where you can workout, train or just be able to walk. I am a member of Anytime Fitness. If you are members of one gym, you have access to the numbers of gyms around the country. The YMCA has a similar policy as do a number of other establishments. Always go into your workouts having a plan in place.
Ways to stay away from gaining the dreaded holiday pounds
- Moderation, moderation, moderation
- Make sure to get enough rest
- Have a plan in place to when/where/how you will be able to get in being active
- Choose another option when it comes to food. If there is turkey, eat white meat. If there is ham, cut off the fatty parts
- Encourage your family, loved ones, friends to join you in being active
I hope that you have a wonderful holiday season and remain safe and happy surrounded by the people that you love.
Before starting any exercise, diet or health routine, first consult your physician to make sure that your body is healthy enough for physical activity.